Current Job Openings
WESTERN OREGON- OUTSIDE SALES ASSOCIATE
Qualified candidate must be located in the Vancouver, WA or Greater Portland, Oregon area.
Summary of Position:
Schulz Associates is a multi-line manufacturing agency selling commercial kitchen appliances and equipment in the Foodservice Industry since 1982. We are looking for an experienced individual to assist our existing experienced sales agent to promote and support the sales of the product lines represented by Schulz Associates in the well-established market of Western & Central Oregon / S.W. Washington by calling on, but not limited to, food service consultants, food service dealers, and end users; all while supporting the company’s mission to achieve strong customer relationships and being easy to do business with.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Illustrative duties may include, but are not restricted to, one or more of the following:
• Works in the field and travels to make sales calls on end users, dealers/distributors in food service and targeted segments such as, hospitals, correctional facilities, school districts, colleges, regional chains, food management companies, Executive Chefs and hotels. The Agent is responsible for growing profitable sales, creating and reviewing bids and uncovering new business opportunities and providing the company with competitive intelligence.
• Develops relationships with key equipment specifying influencers including, but not limited to: Consultants (both FCSI and others), Executive Chefs, Commercial Food Service Directors, and Restaurant Chain R & D personnel.
• Regularly communicates via phone and email with fellow agents and internal Schulz Associates sales team to provide information and assistance on current/new business, resolve issues, and unique situations.
• Trains Consultants, End-User and Dealers on equipment from an application standpoint, using Manufacturer websites, PowerPoint presentations, sales literature, hands-on cooking demos and other forms of training aids. Sessions may be at customer and or rep/dealer facilities or trade shows.
• Works with staff on pre-show mailings; plans events at these shows (such as group dinners).
• Flexibility for minimal overnight travel to areas in the Western, Central and Southern Oregon territory. Occasional travel to Manufacturer’s training sessions. Travel to the food service industry national trade show each year.
• A successful employee is occasionally required to be on job sites during construction. While performing the job, the employee is on occasion asked to use their hands, stand, walk, and bend down or squat. Must have the ability to ride in the car for long hours and occasionally lift 25 pounds, and with assistance, up to 100 pounds.
Position Requirements and Experience
• Sales Skills: Have the ability to maintain and grow existing ongoing business in a well-established territory with current strong customer relationships. Develop new business prospects through cold-calling and other methods.
• Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Mechanical Skills and the understanding of how equipment operates and is built is very helpful.
• Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and to have the ability to navigate and search the internet.
• Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: CFSP – Certified Foodservice Professional – preferred. Valid Driver's License.
• Reasoning Ability: Have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in a situation where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Communication Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, managers, vendors, customers, and/or the general public.
• Mechanically Inclined: have the ability to read and understand kitchen drawings and building wiring diagrams.
• Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
• Sales Training experience a plus
• Home Office based – Vancouver, WA or Greater Portland, Oregon
• Competitive Base Salary
• Bonus Plan
• Car and Phone Allowance
• SEP Retirement program
• Paid Vacations and Holidays
**To submit your application, please send a copy of your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com**